Industry requests for an evaluation of an ICT product
Only Australian and New Zealand government agencies can ask us to evaluate an ICT product. If you are an industry consultant or a product developer and your product evaluated, use the following checklist:
- Research the types of evaluations we offer.
Research government agency security needs through the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) and/or the NZ ISM
For an Australasian Information Security Evaluation Program (AISEP) evaluation, refer to the AISEP publications to understand the management and operations of the AISEP.
- Find an Australian and/or New Zealand government agency that needs your product and would be willing to recommend it for an evaluation. You are not limited to one letter of recommendation; having more can increase the priority of your evaluation.
- Once the government agency has request the evaluation, email [email protected] to let us know that you are the product developer.
- If you are a product developer seeking an AISEP evaluation, contact as many Australasian Information Security Evaluation Facilities (AISEFs) as you want to discuss the costs and time frames and to get advice on a potential AISEP evaluation. When you are prepared to accept the responsibilities, costs and time commitment of an AISEP evaluation, engage an AISEF to prepare the AISEP Acceptance Package (AAP) of deliverables that we need.
- If we accept the request for evaluation, we will notify the recommending government agency, and AISEF if applicable, and the EPL will be updated to show the product as ‘In evaluation’.